Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nothing new today

It's a new day here in Mumbai but nothing new to report for today. Nurses came in at 5:30 am to give her a bath and start the day. I was already awake. Got on the net to check on the Texans who are not doing nearly as well as Kim and I are. How bout those Rockets huh? We both had good night of sleep which is a real blessing and much needed. It's now 8 am and we're awaiting breakfast. It's a real adjustment to wait for 3 hours after I get up to eat. I guess it will really mean break the fast. Probably soon now we expect the physiotherapist to come in and road test her for the first time. She's already noticing the absence of pain when she's moves her legs. Her muscles are not particularly happy about the new movements but that's going to take some time, and lots of therapy. That's what's ahead of us for the next 14 days or so. One of today's tasks is to make a food list and go to the grocery store. We've done ok with the hospital food up to now but not sure how much longer we can go without stocking up on some snacks stuff from the store. I've been through the menu pretty much once and found some things I like but its limited. My several spoonfuls from the jar of Jif peanut butter that I brought was a real pleasure last night. Cold milk and peanut butter right off the spoon...mmmm...I hope to take a brief video of Kim walking today and post it. I did post a couple videos on my myspace page for those who have that. My myspace name is davidel57. Blogger didn't seem to like the larger files. Hopefully our most difficult days are done. The Lord has been so good to us!

more later, de & ke
Site Meter


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took a look at the video on MySpace...YIKES! Sure glad you didn't loose an arm!

Hope today will be a good day as Kim tests both new hips. I know it's gotta hurt, but I'm sure not like the pain of bone on bone...that is miserable! Have they said how long before you leave the hospital and continue rehab elsewhere?

Good luck on the shopping trip. I know you're really glad you took that jar of Jif!

Love and prayers,
JH

Paul Fagala said...

"Absence of pain" is a phrase that is good to read! That's what we've been praying for!

We sure missed you guys for a second Sunday in a row. I'm looking forward to you being back with us.

Love you guys!
Paul