Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just So I Know

Not too much to update at this point but I do ask a favor. If you're reading this, just leave me a comment so I know someone is checking in. By all the emails I received back so far, I do know that many, many, many people are praying for us and we can't thank you enough for that. It's by far the most important part. However, there are some details left, not too many. As I said before, the plane tickets are done, passports & visas done, being away from home details getting there. We've got a house sitter for our dog, Frazier, very important stuff. Our good friend Paul from church will stay the whole time there.

Kim's blackberry is a worldphone. We got a simcard and the plan changed to where she'll get voice calls, data, and the net on her BB as normal. The hospital says there's hs internet in our room. We're taking the laptop and hopefully will have skype up and running to be able to use it freely and with a webcam for those who have it. If you don't have skype yet, why the heck not? It's free video phone calls between skype users anywhere in the world. Just let me know and I'll give you my skype name and well, the rest is easy.

A few more details. Here's the hospital info. http://www.wockhardthospitals.net/

Wockhardt Hospitals, MumbaiMulund Goregaon Link Road, Mumbai 400078 Tel no: +91-22-67994444 / 25664488

They list an 800 # on the international portion of their website but I'm not sure that's for patient phone calls.

Mumbai is 10 1/2 hours ahead of Houston if that helps. 12 is easier for me to calculate which is close enough. Here's the handiest one I've found to help calculate the time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

One little blooper this morning was when I logged in to Continental.com and checked our flights our 2nd segment from Paris to Mumbai was suddenly gone, that's right gone. I called them and was on hold for about 20 minute when the kind lady came back on and told me they got it back. Whew! It's a long walk from Paris to Mumbai. The Lord is with us!

4 comments:

Art H said...

I read and we are praying for you also.

Kami said...

i always read daddy! Love you and praying for you constantly!

Aaron said...

I read. We'll be praying every day.

holly d said...

I read daily. You guys are in my continued thoughts and prayers. Love you