Wednesday, November 03, 2010
When discussing Obama, she says:
1. Obama destroyed the Clinton Political Machine, driving a stake through the heart of Hillary's presidential aspirations - something no Republican was ever able to do.
2. Obama killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - no more Kennedys trolling Washington looking for women wanting rides home.
3. Obama is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes! Dennis Moore had never lost a race. Evan Bayh had never lost a race. Byron Dorgan had never lost a race. Harry Reid - soon to be GONE, and Nancy Pelosi, will lose her position of leader of the house! These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed. By the end of 2010, dozens more will be gone. Just think, in December of 2008 the Democrats were on the rise. In the last two election cycles, they had picked up 14 Senate seats and 52 House seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party. However, in just one year, Obama put a stop to all of this and will probably give the House - if not the Senate - back to the Republicans.
4. Obama has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Sadly, every generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. Obama is bringing home the lesson very well: Liberals tax, borrow and spend. Liberals won't bring themselves to protect America. Liberals want to take over the economy. Liberals think they know what is best for everyone. Liberals are not happy until they are running YOUR life.
5. Obama has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one year, he has rejuvenated the Conservative Movement and brought out to the streets millions of freedom loving Americans. Name one other time when you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America!
6. Obama, with his "amazing leadership," has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a "stimulus" to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded, or moved off-shore.
7. In all honesty, one year ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not afraid of the economy, but afraid of the direction our country was going. I thought,Americans have forgotten what this country is all about. My neighbors and friends, even strangers, have proved to me that my lack of confidence in the greatness and wisdom of the American people has been flat wrong.
8. When the American people wake up, no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them! Barack Obama has served to wake up these great Americans! Again, I want to say: "Thank you, Barack Obama you who refuse to admit that you are a muslim!" After all, this is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed!!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.
'And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'
Remember...Just going to church doesn't make you a
Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
Every saint has a PAST...
Every sinner has a FUTURE!
If you're so inclined... Share this poem.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Don’t donate goods. Donating stuff instead of money is a serious problem in emergency relief. Only the people on the ground know what’s actually necessary; those of us in the rest of the world can only guess. Some things, like summer clothes and expired medicines are going to be worthless in Haiti. Other stuff, like warm clothes and bottled water may be helpful to some people in some specific ways. Separating the useful from the useless takes manpower that can be doing more important work. It’s far better to give money so that organizations can buy the things they know they need.
Thursday, January 07, 2010
LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BEBRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.
IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTHCARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
* AND YOU CAN VOTE DEMOCRAT.
I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Nuevo Progresso pretty much exists in my opinion for US citizens to cross over and spend money. Most of them are called "winter Texans," for folks who bring their RV's and spend the winter where its warm. While they spend the winter enjoying the non-winter like climate, looking at birds, and enjoying retired RV living, they also cross the border. There in NP, every third business is a dentist's office, next to it is a pharmacy, next is a salon. Technically, there are lots of curio shops, combo liquor store/pharmacy, the occasional bar and restaurant. It's quite a little place. I read somewhere that there were 200+ dentists but i didn't count.
We went for dental work and had a successful experience as well. My son, who is in dental management says we saved 75-80% on the work my bride had done. Our daughter had two teeth pulled and 4 cavities taken care of for less than $200. I suspect we'll be going back down every 6 months or so to refill meds and do more dental work. My goal is to get rid of all the metal in my mouth and get more natural material. I don't think all that metal is good for you.
Anyway, the dentist was excellent, the work was fast, and quite affordable, especially compared to having it here. We bought 6 months worth of meds for the both of us, some extra antibiotics, some vanilla, (you have to buy vanilla), the odd piece of .925 silver jewelry, along with some south TX grapefruit and oranges and generally enjoyed our visit.
The only downer was the bride falling, twisting her ankle pretty darned good, having to call the Doctor over there, ($20), and her not being able to enjoy walking around after that. Oh well, we still got done what we went to do. I guess I should've waited and got my haircut down there, along with the odd pedicure, manicure, body massage, wax job, botox, and shoeshine. Hey, its another memorable travel experience. Next time we'll know more but there sure were lots of people crossing the border and getting dental work done...and other stuff. Glad to be back in the US as always and enjoying the kids and grandkids at home.
Merry Christmas to all,
de & ke
Monday, December 14, 2009
Many winter Texans while enjoying the warm winter weather travel over the border to buy medications, have dental work, as well as other stuff at much reduced prices. I also checked with a close friend who lives close enough that he's been going there for the past 3 years and is very happy with the work...and the prices.
So...we're headed south for a few days...and taking our daughter along to get both the gals some much needed tooth fixings...we'll check on our medications to buy...stock up on some antibiotics...watch for some birds...visit the beach at S. Padre island...and be back to host the rest of the family for Christmas.
Yeah...yeah...I know this sounds totally crazy to some of you folks...and if you work for Exxon and your hip resurfacing surgery costs you $75 out of pocket...it is crazy. But for the vast majority of folks...they don't have that kind of insurance...many don't have any insurance...and stuff costs crazy money...and you have to do what you have to do.
By the way....if you're looking for something really cool to do for Christmas...why not check out Kiva.org
What Is Kiva? Overview | The Kiva Story
We Let You Loan to Low Income Entrepreneurs
Kiva's mission is to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty.
Kiva is the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend to unique entrepreneurs around the globe.
The people you see on Kiva's site are real individuals. When you browse entrepreneurs' profiles on Kiva, choose someone to lend to, and then make a loan, you are helping a real person make great strides towards economic independence and improve life for themselves, their family, and their community. Throughout the course of the loan (usually 6-12 months), you can receive email journal updates and track repayments. Then, when you get your loan money back, you can relend to someone else.Kim and I both are lending to help alleviate poverty. You can get started for only $25.
Merry Christmas to all,