Monday, October 22, 2007

A new and exciting day

Early Tuesday am in M-town. It promises to be a new and exciting day albeit a painful one. We had a pretty fair night considering her yesterday. The surgery went perfectly but its like...well I don't know what its like. I was going to compare it to trying to rebuild an 50 year old car but that just didn't seem a good comparison. Removing, redoing, resurfacing old worn out parts...well its hard and painful...and they don't give up easily. Enough of that, you get the idea...major renovations took place yesterday and she's mighty sore. I suspect when she does get up it'll hurt like...can't compare it to everlasting punishment but that was the word that came to mind. As you can tell I'm seriously sleep deprived over the past several days...if I don't do something to improve my bed I'm gonna need both my hips replaced before we leave! Kim told me to bring my own pillow and she was right! She had breakfast just now and ate good after broth and juice last night. Maybe time for a siesta before somebody comes in to do something else.

thanks for reading and commenting, de

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you're figuring out, hospitals are not for resting! Glad Kim had a good night. I know it won't be fun getting up at first, but it'll get easier...about when it'll be time for the next surgery. Tell her Al's dog is still hanging in there, too! :)

Love and prayers,
JH

Anonymous said...

Anybody tell you we had a cold front blow through? It's actually pretty nippy here!

JH

Heather said...

glad to hear that everything is going well!!

Anonymous said...

Cannot even imagine the pain, but we are so glad everything has went so well. Wish I had thought to tell you about my new fix for beds away from home. I now travel with one of those $1.00 blow up swimming pool mattress floats - flat in the suitcase and you can throw it away. Give Kim our love!

K & SG

Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is well. Great to see Kim up and moving, even if it's slow...Dave, you might ask for some sleep aids... you are in a hospital you know! (sorry couldn't help myself)
Lots of love to you both,
Praying for you, DP

Anonymous said...

Prayers continually ascend for you two from over here on the other side of the world! We're keeping MoSt Church posted on how things are going. May God bless you greatly and may you shine brightly as His while there.