Monday, October 22, 2007

Been a long day

It's 10 pm here now in Mumbai. My day started about 4 am when I woke up wide awake in anticipation of the day. Kim's been back in the room for several hours now. They've given her antibiotics, vitamins, pain meds, tested her leg, started with physical therapy once already, and she had some broth. The dr visited briefly to say as soon as she was ready, we'd move to the other hip and that the surgery went perfectly.

A new couple from Ireland arrived today for bilateral hip resurfacing for the man. The wait there, in their National health system was about 18 months. Cost was 15,ooo lbs. Anyway, its quite a place drawing folks from all over who come here for the same reason we're here. It's been a very long but blessed day. Thanks for your emails. They're going to get her up and going tomorrow so, right now we're going to bed for what i hope will be a long night of sleep for both of us.

God bless us one and all, de & ke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave & Kim,
May God continue to bless you both. I will continue my prayers for you both. I love you both. You each have been a big example to me.
I pray God to hold you in the palm of his hand until you return home to us.
Be sure and tell the doctor to remember those zert fittings so Kim can keep those new hip joints "lubed up" when she gets home.
All my love and God's blessings,
Bill R.