Saturday, October 27, 2007

Is it over or just starting?

Praise the Lord, both hips have now been resurfaced! Hopefully, all will be better from this point. Kim is finally back in the room and I think all that needs to be is done, surgery, postop, moving back to the room and into the bed, in the bed postop xray. All very uncomfortable for her. Not easy for me to watch either. She's finally resting now. I think the reality is though, this is really just the beginning of the hard part, recovering from two surgeries in under a week, one Monday, another Saturday. The Dr said everything went perfectly from his standpoint and they would be getting her up tomorrow. They don't wait. That was not really what she wanted to hear, "give me a day" she said, but I think the therapists and drs will win out. The hard part is yet to come, intense physical therapy to help her learn to use the new hips she's got. But, we'll recoup from this and move forward to the next part and deal with it as the Lord give us strength. Boy did He give us that today. Kim was amazing calm this morning before the surgery, unlike the first one when she was pretty scared. Amazing actually doesn't describe it, maybe God given peace. We were singing "learning to lean" from the STB cd while waiting for her to go in the operating. I've had several people ask me in the past couple of days, " so you're a singer, with your own band, and cd," to which I reply, yes. I think I'm becoming somewhat famous maybe, lol, only in India for me. Thanks again for all your prayers. I think we're just starting.

Our journey goes on, de

The physical therapist just arrived to start her on exercises in the bed. They don't waste a moment to get started with the rehab.

Site Meter



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave and Kim,
I hope yall are resting. I will pray for yalls strength while getting Kim back to 100%. I cant even imagine how hard this will be. I also cant imagine how anyone could possibly make it in life without God. It would be like a undescribable void. Where would one go for serenity. Thanks so for the blogs and the chats on the phone. "All Things" includes many things our tiny little minds cant even begin to comprehend. I love you both very much. Cant wait to see your smiling faces and get one of those hugs. Love you. Will miss you both today.
dj

Anonymous said...

Whew! So glad the second (and LAST) surgery is behind you. God is Good and I know He will continue to bless you through the rehab. We're in Caldwell and it's just beautiful this morning...clear, cold, crisp and sunny...wish I could send it your way! Quite different than the pics you sent. Hope you both can get some rest.

Love and prayers,
JH

Anonymous said...

As I begin my Saturday routine here in Orange, TX; I am reminded how truly blessed we all are. The sun is shining, the leaves are falling, and the wind is blowing....all true signs of our God. The same God that is shining down on ya'll on the other side of the world!!! Amazing. How can one not believe? I wish I could hear your beautiful voices singing praises. You can do all things....Kim & David...through Christ who is strengthening you both---not telling ya'll anything new. You are being a testimony 10000 miles away from your homeland...can't get much better than that! Praying for healing and comfort for Kim and for your support of your lovely bride. Take care--love and prayers,
Babs and Jerry in Orange, TX

Anonymous said...

Yea, the final surgery is over!!!
CR

Anonymous said...

David and Kim,

Its good to hear things are going well. It seems strange seeing you on the internet. It's like reading about your loved ones on MSN.com. It just doesn't seem real. It's seems even stranger that I can buy a "South Texas Boys" Tee-shirt for my dog on your site. WOW. I hope you guys are finding some piece of mind now that most is over.....

We Miss and Love you,
S&M Hammel

Paul Fagala said...

Awesome news! I thought about you last night and started calculating the hours. I know that you're relieved to have the surgeries behind you. I pray that the rehab goes better than either of you could have dreamed! Miss you around the office!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Hey David and Kim,

Praise God that all is going well. We will pray that the healing and rehab goes just as well. Really miss yall. We love yall

Pam and Robert