Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Where would we be without songs?


With not much to say today, I thought about what Heather said. It's amazing how powerful music can be in our lives. Whenever I hear the song "Lean On Me," any version, and I immediately go back more than 30 years, when that song was first popular one summer's mission trip with the youth group at Eastside. And there are so many songs, secular, religious, holiday songs, and even kids songs, that in some way, they anchor you back to some experience or incident that took place in your life, no matter how long ago it might've taken place.

Right now, i'm trying to decide what kind of IPOD to buy so that I can train with it for the Texas Half ofr the next 12 1/2 weeks. I had a shuffle and my wife liked it, so I'm looking at maybe the NANO. As music helps to stir my soul, it also vastly helps to fuel my jogging as well. When I am listening to certain songs, my pace quickens, often to the exact beat of a great song, and makes that 3/4 minute stretch just breeze by.

Up to now, I've been at the mercy of 2 or 3 radio stations and at certain times, often, my best running times in the late afternoon, they pack their time full of commercials. Well, today its off for a 3 miler into a stiff north wind at about 60 degrees. Big adjustment from the 82 of yesterday and the past month.

Running on Empty,

de

Things you might know but probably don't.

Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

1 comment:

James Y said...

Ahhh, you've got to love Blog Spam...

The iPod has revolutionized my workout, but my struggle is that with my hippie hair I sweat too much and it drips down the side of my face, creating a sweat buffer between the ear bud and my ear. But you cannot beat the beat on the road. I think the Nano is a good fit for you.