Friday, November 11, 2005

The Long Run

Me on a Sunday run

I looked at the 9:00 temperature, 66 degreess. I should've gone then but I hadn't eaten or had coffee. Oatmeal, wheat toast, coffee, etc, a nice breakfast. Put a VHS tape into my VHS>DVD copier, consult with the pool guys about my pool leak. Look back at the temp, now 72. Better get a move on. A load of laundry, another cup of coffee, dress, some water perhaps, ready, now 77 outside. I knew I should've gone earlier. Nice breeze though. First two, not bad, not fast, but I'm not fast. Boy, its officially hot, full sun. I think Pappas seafood is not the night before the Long Run food. My feet are strongly suggesting I get them out of these shoes They are not big enough for my feet now. It's still hot. But I made 4.1 today. Not bad.

You've discovered by now, if you didn't already know, that music is a huge part of my life. It sort makes me go, or maybe it just makes my day better. Friday blogs from now until Feb.11 will be affectionately or maybe not so much be called "The Long Run." My son-in-law is using his blog and I'm using mine to write some about our upcoming attempt to run/jog/walk/crawl/drag me to 13.1 miles in Feb. We're using a schedule that calls for a long run each Sunday. I can't do that on Sunday so I've shifted mine to my off day, Friday, hence "the long run." It's also one of my favorite Eagles songs.


Run, run baby, run, run baby, its a long run,
de

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may have seen you on one part of your run today. I thought aobut offering you some water, CPR, a defibrillator, or maybe even a ride but I thought better of it. Keep up the good work. You are my hero.

Aaron said...

4.1 is good...I did 3 yesterday and I'm gonna try for 4 on Sunday. It should be "fun". And you wont have to worry about that heat for long...in about 3 weeks I'm gonna be wishin it was 77.