Monday, November 21, 2005

Booger Blog


You got your moneys worth today Mike!

I'm still trying to recover from the terrible sports weekend for this blogger. The wife and I almost went to the Westfield/Northshore game on Friday but didn't. It was a terrific game by all accounts, maybe better than any of the rest of the matchups in 5A Texas football will be. But alas, we didn't want to fight the 12,000 other H-town folks who did. Instead we went shopping at the "The Dump."

Then on Saturday to witness truly one of the worst officiated college games of all time in OU vs TECH. All I can hope is that the rest of you, who may not even be OU fans, didn't have to endure such a fiasco. I'd rather eat boogers than watch the officials give a team a victory like the Big 12, er, TEch officials, gave them the game. Two completely blown, horrible, terrible, awful, horrendous calls. How can they sleep at night after such a terrible job? One they got right, on the bobbled Tech touchdown, but why was the guy calling a touchdown to begin with, the receiver never had the ball. Ouch!

Then last night, really against my better judgment, and mostly because the tix were already paid for, and for a Sunday evening game I could go, the bride and I went to the hometown Texans game. Ouch! Can you say boogers? On the way out of the stadium, at halftime, one guy behind us assured his buddy that the Horns could whip up on the TEXAns no problem. I had to agree. Oh man, how could 700 Million dollar invest and a so called professional team be any worse? How can Dom Capers still be employed, unless David Carr were shoved into the unemployment line just before him?

And how about those Rockets? Need I say more? Well, I'm kinda stuffy. My nose is clogged. I gotta run 3.5 miles later. Better clear out those boogers. Hey that may well be the most sporting thing I could experience in say the last 2/3 days.

Keep em clear boys and girls,
de

For all you runners, I did 5 Friday. NOt too bad either. I'll never be fast and rod the bike Sat to cross train. Rest Sunday. Back on the road today.

de

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have to wholeheartedly agree. What a horrible game it turned out to be, the epitome of 'roller-coaster.' Up, down, up, down. What is the point of being able to review a play, when you still call it blatantly wrong?!! Just wait til next season. Just wait.

James Y said...

It's true. Terribly-officiated game.

Aaron said...

No comment in fear that I may destroy my computer.

By the way the rockets do stink- bad.