Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hail to You Mr. Grocery bagger guy!


This is not an actual picture of Mr GBG

I had a first last night at the grocery store. I was at the local store, buying as much as I could think of to fulfill the annual Thanksgiving feed bag without having to fight the crowds over the next few days. It was relatively calm, somewhat crowded, but tolerable. One of the reasons I prefer late evening grocery shopping. Actually, 10 in the am may be the best but not today. I have the turkey, a ham, those little marshmallows, shouldn't it be mellows, milk,eggs, brown sugar etc. Good going. Not too much of a wait in line.

As I begin to check out and up steps Mr Grocery bagger guy. They don't have too many of em where I shop. Lots of times Ms. checker lady bags your stuff but not today, it's Thanksgiving. Mr Grocery bagger guy is a surprise, he's young, neat, clean, white, and well dressed which immediately made me ask questions.

He bagged the groceries fine and we headed out the door. Most of the time they bag the groceries and then you take em out yourself, but not today. Mr GBG heads towards the doorway, taking the lead. (usually they follow) It's either a left or right out the door, I'm right, as always, and Mr GBG leads out turning left.

No problem I say, just a bit out of the way, then he heads further out left. I notice he doesn't seem to be paying any attention to me. He's not. He's followed a guy that headed out the door ahead of me. There he goes, enthusiastically with my Turkey, out to someone else's car. I follow. He reaches unknown customers car with my groceries and I finally holler, "Mr GBG, over here."

I think Mr GBG wasn't all there, his elevator didn't reach the top floors, or maybe he was just distracted. Here's to you Mr Grocery Bagger guy, hoping you get all the right groceries to all the right people for this Thanksgiving Holiday. Thanks for getting my groceries to my truck. But next time, I'll probably play Mr GBG myself.

de

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Thats hilarious.