Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One Year Ago Yesterday!

Kim reminded me that it was one year ago yesterday when I left her in the operating suite at Wockhardt Hospital in Mumbai for her first of two surgeries. I'd been so busy with trying to help our contractor out at the house and keeping up with everything going on at the church, I plum forgot. Boy, that's a nice feeling, for Kim to be pain free for long enough that I tend to forget how bad off she was just one year ago. Truth is, you never really forget. I know she never does. But it is nice to actually think about it less and less. She's doing just marvelous, except for nasty cold thing she's had for a couple of weeks now. Hipwise, she couldn't be any better. I'm always thankful for the blessings that came our way through that whole experience. The folks at Wockhardt, Dr Malhan, all the prayers for us, the financial help, the blog comments, so many in our church family at Lakewood who were there for us, and most of all our family. And oh yeah, I'm thankful for all you who thought I'd lost my everlovin mind, for keeping it to yourself or at least not sharing it with me.

There's no telling how many people have been blessed by Kim telling her story everywhere she goes. You were a part of that. It's been quite a year since that day in Mumbai. Not one I really want to repeat in lots of ways, but as the saying goes, "no pain, no gain." We have truly gained by leaps and bounds this past year.


de
Site Meter

1 comment:

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

So glad the year has passed and Kim is doing so well.