Friday, October 10, 2008

Four Weeks Today

It's been four weeks today since we were busy doing the last preparations for Ike. All in all things are good here. I suspect in another four weeks or so I may be able to report our remodeling is close to being finished. In the meantime I thought I'd post some Ike pics. I honestly don't have any pics during the storm itself. The first ones are pics I took yesterday of some of the homes on S Burnet and their current condition. One of the pics is the one that made me semi-famous for just a few seconds on Channel 11. I'm telling you, everyone I know was watching Ch 11 that evening and through the night. It's a picture of a mailbox almost under water. Several are what our yard looked like afterwards and the damage on the inside of our house. a couple are from 5 in the evening as the storm waters began to rise on S Burnet St.I intentionally left off the pic Kim took of my purple backside, you're quite welcome.


Homes on South Burnet drive, Oct 9, four weeks post Ike.

Thats' not the garage either

No walls or just studs and a roof, or a pile of debris


The inside of our house the morning after. What a night it was!

Tearing down the sheetrock day. Yeah, that's Tyler Prothro in the kitchen.

On Burnet Bay, neighbors pier, then our pier reimerges from the waters, unscathed.

How bout a swim in that pool!

Debris was everywhere.




The water rises on S Burnet St about 4:30 pm prior to the real storm.

The very end of Burnet and the pic that made me famous.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Boomer Sooner tomorrow!

de

Site Meter

2 comments:

Kami said...

I'll second that!

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

The University of Texas #1

Sorry - it had to be said.
Bobbie