Friday, October 24, 2008

Cool but messy today!

It was downright cold this morning. Yeah, I know, not really cold, maybe 45, but I could see my breath first thing on my way to get the morning papes. All the sheetrock is finally up. All the joints have been taped and floated. Today we sand! Boy its going to be messy but that's the drill, you gotta sand before you can texture. Hopefully before the day is over all that will be done and the ceiling will be stomped. That's what you call the technique to texture the ceiling. When that dries, then the painting can start. Think I'm going to leave the sanding to Doug and his son and head to the Depot for ceiling and wall paint and make sure I've got everything I need to paint. Then next week, we start rehanging the trim we were able to save and adding new for what we couldn't save. Then more painting. It's looking very much more house like than it has in weeks. I'm still thinking three more weeks to get where we need to be but much progress has been made. Now all I need is the insurance money. Hava good Friday.

de

Site Meter

No comments: