Friday, November 02, 2007

Mountain peaks and valleys below

Today's headline! Proof david is actually in India!
Reading the morning edition of "The Indian Express."

Greetings! David survived the all day physical and was certainly happy he shaved his own chest when a burly man took him to 'the room' before he realized Dave was all ready to go. I'll let Dave fill you in on the particulars later. My day was confined mostly to the room. Physical therapy came early, long, and difficult. I told them I needed to be ready to go on our scheduled departure date and he put me through the ropes. By mid-afternoon, I was struggling to get both legs back in the bed. Dave was out with tests so I had a few 2 minute pitty parties. I only allow 2 minutes at a time. (It actually works, most of the time) Spent alot of time in the word, talking to Father, and reflecting on all the positives that have come from this journey.

Here are are few of those reflections:



Draw strength and comfort from God's word. He is always available. Pray without ceasing has taken on new meaning. Try it sometime, it will change you perspective on life.


  • Never go more than 24 hours without talking to loved ones. I know we can't talk to all everyday but how many days go by that we are too busy to stop and call a loved one.

  • Count your blessings. I had a friend who had a t-shirt that she wore alot after she found out that she had cancer. It read, I'm too blessed to be depressed! It only takes looking out my hospital window to know just how blessed we are in the US

  • In the midst of trial, seek others to lift up. One of the blessing has been a young nurse by the name of Anisha. She was a delight on the first day and has been a source of strength throughout. She is a Christian and let me know when she saw my cross that she,too, wore one daily. She brought in her Bible because mine was different--only real difference is that mine has scripture references. She had never seen one like it. She comes in daily to question about the word. Her father left her mother when she was born and they found out they could have no more chldren. Her mother left her when she shunned

  • Hinduism for Christianity. I wish I could bring her home with us!
  • Appreciate the little things of life. Right now it's peanut butter and crackers!

Love you all, tomorrow will be a brighter day! ke & de

Here's a couple more pics

One mode of transport....this is exhausting stuff!



A local temple of some sort Hospital addition all done by hand
Site Meter

4 comments:

holly d said...

You look absolutely wonderful!! I can't wait for you guys get home so I can give you both big hugs. We love you and are continuing to pray for your recovery.

Anonymous said...

Kim and David,
Clint and I have empathy with what you both are going through with all of the physical therapy. We remember it well just a year ago. You will be amazed how wonderful it feels in just a few weeks if you work hard on all the exercises. Clint and I enjoy going to gym to work out and each day it gets easier to climb steps and do what we like. We continue to pray for you both.
With our love, Elaine and Clint

Anonymous said...

Kim, I hope things keep progressing well for you. I remember the physical therapy 1 1/2 yrs. ago and my total hip replacement was worth it. Did they say how long the resurfacing technique will last? Hang in there and have a safe flight home.
Margaret G.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Kim took over the blog....She explained how to respond to the blog!! I am technically challenged and had no idea! We have been praying and thinking of you and reading the blog every day. We can see God's hand in all that is happening. --Rebecca (and Jack--although he just told me that he had this blog thing figured out and has already sent a message.)