Sunday, November 04, 2007

Another Special Lord's Day


Noah pic Kami took recently...Dr checking her....incision

I made a dog friend outside the hospital

Security outside on our floor....several of the nurses for a visit. They're great!

It's quiet for the most part here on Sunday. Dr's take off and there's not nearly as many folks around. Make's it nice for us to spend a quiet day of rest and reflection. We've been contacted several times by a young man named Sachin from the church here in Mumbai. He even came by for a visit once. He called late in the week to ask if he could help make arrangements for us to come to worship. We'd love to do that except its about an hours ride by car in lots of traffic. Kim hasn't been riding yet and we just weren't sure it was the best thing for her recovery so we're staying around the hospital today. We'll worship again today much the same as we've done the past two Sunday's, just us & the Lord. It's quite special but we can't wait to get back home and be back with our church family.

Have I told you how great she's doing and how hard she's working? She is. I'm so proud of her because as hard as the surgery's were, this part is not any easier. It hurts, a different hurt though. There's absolutely no more of the pain that she had before we came. Now its just muscle pain, tightness, and soreness from learning how to walk all over again. She's getting better every day, with every step. There's just no words to describe how we both feel about how God has blessed us and how much we appreciate each and every prayer offered on our behalf. I know that neither of us will ever be the same, hopefully better, closer to God, closer to each other, and more grateful for family, our church family, and the many friends who have written, commented, and called to check in on us. It has meant so much to have you thinking of us.

For those wondering about my health check up or not, the Dr's all said, "you're 50," like I didn't know. I like the scales over here because I only weigh 94.4. Pretty cool. On Friday I had blood tests twice, a 2D heart echo, a treadmill stress test, sonograms, chest xray (no it hasn't all dropped to my waist yet), PSA test, eye exam, hearing exam, dental exam, yeah I was exhausted too and consulted with a regular Dr and a cardiologist. Cost $190. I'm fine, all the numbers checked out aok. My blood glucose was 102 to start the morning then breakfast and two hours later it was 112. I can't think of much better results and I praise God for them. Hopefully he'll bless me to keep on serving Him for a long, long time, and give me a chance to tell others just how good He is and how they should trust His great love.

Gotta go now. That's preacher jargon for I'll tell you I'm about through but I'm really not. lol Think I'll do some laundry today. That consists of some Tide in a 3 gallon bucket. How many have done that before? I sent some out after about a week and it came back clean and folded but I just didn't like the way it smelled so now it all goes in and out of the bucket. I bought an inexpensive clothes line and pins at the store and strung it up in the bathroom. I've not got dishpan hands or something but they sure smell better. In all honesty I'm not sure the clothes I brought will survive past this trip. I seldom considered the luxury of heading to the garage to throw in a load of clothes in the washer and dryer with fabric softener, but now I do.

A couple of other details you might be wondering about, there's security everywhere, on our floor, ER entrance, front door, side door, and 3/4 at the hospital entrance. Despite that there's folks everywhere but if you want to get on the elevator anywhere you have to have a pass. I guess being a white American is my pass cause I've never been asked for one but I've seen dozens of others asked. They deliver 1 liter bottles of Aquafina water to the room every morning, sometimes 3 or 4 or more, pretty much all you can drink, cause its not recommended to drink the water, only bottled. Kim and Deni, from Scotland, are the only two patients on the floor now and Dr Malhan is on vacation now for Diwali, which is their Christmas. The care of the nurses is terrific though and she really doesn't need much but rest, rehab, rest, rehab....you get the idea.

Thanks again for reading. Hope you enjoy the pics from the past day or two and hopefully a video.

Love you all, de & ke Oh yeah! Boomer Sooners! 42-14

Site Meter

Here's some video of some kind of worship service.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if the state football teams of Oklahoma were going to get the Texas Two Step yesterday. But Texas A&M just could not get the hang of the dance. UT almost missed the dance but OSU just couldn't shed the jinx.

Glad yall are doing well. Can't wait for yall to get back home and see Kim be able to walk again without the intense pain she had when she left. We are so happy that she could shed the pain.

Luv ya both

Robert and Pam

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Kim and Mr. David,
How are you doing? I'm glad your
surgeries went well. We love you
and can't wait to see you soon!
Ariel and Alexa

Anonymous said...

Hi David and Kim:
I've been following your progress from Brazil. Amazing technology that we're all half way around the world and everyone communicates like we're across town. Great to hear how well Kim's recovery has gone. Can't wait to hear the stories when you return.

Danny

Anonymous said...

Hi David and Kim:
I've been following your progress from Brazil. Amazing technology that we're all half way around the world and everyone communicates like we're across town. Great to hear how well Kim's recovery has gone. Can't wait to hear the stories when you return.

Danny