Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for checking in at the Ellis house this Thanksgiving weekend. By the hit counter's numbers quite a few are still checking in to see how we are doing and we appreciate it. It's either that or you just have enough to do, lol! Seriously, there's so much for us to be thankful for this holiday weekend. Here's just a few from my list:

Thanks to the Lord for answering so many of our prayers. Kim and I were riding to Sonic yesterday so I could cook dinner and recalling just some of our experiences since a month ago. Yes, we really did fly to India and she got two new hips at the hospital there. It's still pretty hard to believe now that we're home, safe, and blessed so much. Prayers have gone up from literally all over the world for Kim and I. There's just no substitute for the strength and comfort the Lord has given because of your prayers.

Thanks to so many of you for being there for us during this time. There's been so many expressions of love, prayer, support, encouragement, email, phone calls, blog comments, cards, food, and so much more, we just can't imagine having gone through it without you.

Thanks to Kim for entertaining my wild thought so she might get better. Yes, this was pretty much my idea from the start. Many have thought us crazy and yes, we have thought the same. She was onboard from the beginning and I didn't force her to go or anything, but her strength, perseverance, and faith continually inspires me. No one can really imagine what all she's been through for so long, especially over the past month. Thank you dear. I love you.

Thanks for so many little things this year. I'm grateful I can now drink the water again, rinse my toothbrush under the faucet, and wash my mouth with it. For a month it was all bottled water for everything. Thanks for some sanity and order on the roads when I drive. I may change my mind over the weekend but I'm thankful for stoplights, stop signs, good pavement, and little to no honking. lol I'm thankful for clean air. Yes, we live in Baytown and there's lot of concerns about it but its the cleanest air you've ever experienced compared to Mumbai. The worst NOX day you can ever imagine in Houston was cleaner by volumes than the best day in Mumbai. I suspect its better during the rainy season but it was not something I'd want to live with for very long. I could go on with a long list but that's enough.

Thanks to some of the really bright spots on the blog over this past month that really kept us going. Thanks to all the children who kept up and commented. I know your folks helped you but it really was special to both Kim and I. Thanks to our Aaron, Allison, Kami, James, Jared, Noah, and the rest of our families who were really brave and prayerful for us. I know they probably thought we were completely out of our minds but they never expressed it and kept up the faith for us. Thanks to both our parents who supported us in every way. Thanks to everyone for your humor. Laughter is truly medicine and we laughed out loud so many times for the funny things that you said. It really made us feel so much closer than 10,000 miles from home. Lastly, thanks to several who came close and shared in our journey. We got to know several of you in ways we never had before nor probably would have if not for this experience. That is special to us. Each one of you has been a blessing to us and we thank the Lord for each one and pray he blesses you. Say a special prayer of thanks for us this weekend. We can't say it enough, thank you Jesus!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend, from us to you!

love, de & ke

Oh, yeah, Kim's doing great and continues to work hard. She'll be good as new I think by the first of the year!

Site Meter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought about leaving you 25 comments so I could be number 2,000 on the counter, but I do have more to do than that!

I know after all you've experienced, you are truly grateful and feel especially blessed during this season of Thanksgiving.

Hope Noah has a very happy first birthday! Assume you'll get to celebrate it with him!

Love and prayers,
JH, #1,976

Anonymous said...

beautiful thank you my brother