Friday, September 19, 2008

Sure Sign That Things Are Bad!

Finally found someone in town with electricity and internet! It's amazing just how spoiled and comfortable we are with our lives. Needless to say all that has changed with the coming of IKE! We are still without power and they anticipate it will be several more days if not another week or two. I had wished on a daily basis that I could sit down and blog about our experiences of the past week. In India I got used to being able to tell what was going on even if no one was reading. Blogging was a good outlet but no electricity or internet means no blogging either. I'll try to catch up on some of it over the next week while Kim and I are on vacation. I'm exhausted, so is Kim. Tomorrow we leave for a week in St Thomas that had been planned for 9 months, so we're going. We've done just about all we can do except to see the insurance person. Everything else is lined up. Roofer comes next week. Contractor to rebuild the back room is ready when I have some money. Power comes, well, we don't know when power comes back.

Gonna go now. Gotta pack. Oh yeah, its a sure sign that things are bad when the news helicopters are flying around your house and neighborhood, everyday. Yes, that's right, everyday, sometimes several times a day. The Presidents helicopter went over when he was here too. We saw it when we were all standing outside doing something, I can't recall what. My brain is in a fog, my body is exhausted, my clothes don't smell very good, my back is bruised, my foot is sore, my arms are scratched...time for a little r & r. I'll blog from sunny St Thomas. Hope I can sleep there. Thanks for your prayers.

de & ke

Site Meter


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're able to escape for a while. Have not been able to keep up much from Baytown. Dad talked to Duttons and Touchet. I talked to Michael L. yesterday. He is back at work.

Baytown Sun web site has been worthless.

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

Have fun in St. Thomas. You do know to take the ferry over to St. John, don't you. And, go to Trunk Bay. The most beautiful beach we've been to. We were actually going to be in St. Thomas this week too - cruise out of Miami. But, I came down with the flu so we've rescheduled for Oct. 5. Have fun. Love, love, love St. Thomas.

Anonymous said...

High quality Distressed? Interest Your Child in Educational Computer Games