Saturday, September 27, 2008

Finally, The Meter Turns

We landed at 10 or so this morning in Miami and get to spend a good bit of today awaiting our flight to H-town. As I turned on my cell phone there's a txt msg from Jared, "we have power." Ah, the meter turns. Wish I had been there to see it but at least its on now. Two full weeks since the lights went out on Burnet Bay prior to Ike. We spent some of the past three days calling Centerpoint 3 times a day trying to get some explanation as to why just two of us on our block were without power. They never were able to give us a good explanation. My neighbor tells me she conversed with them fairly early this morning and reported to them our outage and they said they were working on it. Hallelujah, Praise God, and so many more thanks its finally back on. It's a long road to electricity these days in our neighborhood. I'm sure many still don't have it.

I got a roof yesterday. The guy who did the roof on the church just showed up and started working. I had only talked to him once and he said he'd come by, measure, give me an estimate, and so forth. Never did. His crew just showed up and put on the roof. Pretty bizarre. He really didn't have an explanation for why. He apologized for doing so. Weird. But, bottom line is I'm officially dry, I have power, now all I need is for the insurance guy to come back and check everything with the power back on. No way to tell the full extent of things damaged until the powers on. The meter turns, yes it does. Never thought I'd be quite so excited about spending hard earned money that way.

Lord willing we catch our flight and get home this evening about 5. We're a bit tired from the trip. Too much staying up late visiting with our friends who joined us in St Thomas. Alarm went off at 5:30 this am. Can't wait to go through the house, flip on the light switch, and the light comes on. It'll be pretty darned exciting. Can't tell you now many times in that first week I approached the closet to find some clothes, and flipped that switch knowing it was useless.

Guess that's all for now. Still a mound of work to be done at home and the office. That'll wait for another day.

Go Sooners and thanks for those OS Beavers!
de & ke


Site Meter


No comments: