Friday, March 24, 2006

Made it to Melbourne


Today was a travel day for us. I woke up at 4:30 this am and couldn't go back to sleep. I didn't know if we'd have internet or when so I wanted to blog and put up some pics on the blog. Pics have been trouble lately. Didn't have software on the brides computer so I had to download some, whilst I semi slept. Woke up to get it working, downsize some pics to put on the blog. I was only partially successful. Had some breakfast, headed to the train station much to my mates better thots to catch the train to the airport. It was another flawless execution by my adventurous side. Two block to Circular Quay, 21 minutes to the Sydney airport. It took us almost an hour via a van shuttle to get downtown. It was a smooth flight to where Nairn picked us up to take us downtown, right into the middle of the Commonwealth games crowd. Thought I was in Atlanta at the Olympics all over again with the throngs of people. We had a bite to eat and scooted out of there to east of Melbourne where we'll stay for the next few days. My camera stopped charging about two days ago and I'll be out of battery likely tomorrow. All pics from then on will have to be on the camcorder unless I can get it working or a replacement which is doubtful. We head out in the morning for the Great Ocean road drive which is supposed to spectacular scenery. Way far down the road are some waterfalls and what are called the 12 Apostles. I can't wait to see them cause I thought they were all dead. Maybe we can go out tonight and see some Australian rules football. I took a walk this Friday afternoon and stopped by to watch what looked like a high school football team practicing. It ain't American football boys & girls. Last thoughts. A stone weight approx. 14 lbs. and they don't have trash here, it rubbish.

cya, d & k

if you want to check it out www.greatoceanrd.org.au

No comments: