Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It Aint Texas Honey!

I spent just about one full week away from the computer, email, blogging, jogging, and pretty much everything else that makes up my normal routine. The bride was working in Baltimore, MD so I tagged along. I guess I'll blog about it for a day or two. Maybe the whole Northeast United states doesn't rate that much time but my lack of inspiration for blogging might warrant a couple of blogs.

We arrived at BWI on a Tuesday afternoon and headed towards Leesburg, VA. We were going to have dinner with a friend who we met through the Red Cross. She's a sweet lady who travelled to Baytown to operate a Shelter at the local Baptist church and work in the area for three weeks. I-95 runs I guess from Florida to Boston and there's way too many people on that road and they drive way worse than Texans do. I thought H-town drivers were aggressive, when the truth is, we're calm. Now I know why the bride never rents a car when she goes there. They're nuts.

Well, dinner outside Leesburg, and back to Baltimore pretty late where its like 15 degrees and lots of left over snow and ice on the ground. I had taken stuff to run outside but 15 degrees, that too cold. Next morning after a commute to take the bride to work, I went back to the warmth of the hotel for 4 miles on the treadmill. WEll, that was my running for the week. Trying to play catch up from the rest of my week in the frozen NE. It wasn't Texas, needless to say. More later.

here's a link to pics from the Jingle bell run and proof that the run/walk thing works. My bib is 390. http://www.karenthibodeaux.com/Image.asp?catalogID=716032



I'm out,
de

No comments: