Tuesday, December 06, 2005

HPSSAD

I think I know what has happened to my usual positive, humorous, not too seriously please, outlook. I've been affected or infected with Houston Professional Sports Seasonal Affective Disorder. It's a self diasnosis with help from Spruce, my coworker.

What's happened is that the Houston Astros have become Sports vampires in their own right. They have sucked every ounce of professional sports juice from the entire rest of the Houston professional sports teams. The Texans, go ahead and bury them or not, leave em alone for a minute or less and they'll bury themselves. Have the dog kick some dirt on them or maybe a Raven will fly over and poop on them. Sorry, that already happened. This week will be just another pitiful sports team who still have an ounce of pride left, the former Houston Oilers, who left town with some of their juice left and have since just about lost it in Tennessee. But they will still be good enough to beat the Texans.

Or how about those Rockets, they are pretty much the equivalent of the Texans or worse. They can't even stay close until the end of the game anymore and then lose it. They just stink it up right from the start, and now they admit it.

It's not only affected the sports team but the fans as well, including me. Its depressing, pitiful, terrible to talk, listen or even read about anymore. And I've caught it. The Astros sucked the life out of professional sports here in H-town. It took all they could beg, borrow, steal, trade, finagle, all they could do to get to the Series and they did. It was great but what a price. There's nothing left, professional sports-wise. It's affected us all and we need a cure but I'm not sure what it is. I need an antidote and I don't think its the Bowl season and all the Longhorns want for Christmas either.

Hoping for a cure,
de

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.