Monday, April 20, 2009

Thought I Was Saavy!

All along I was thinking I was fairly computer literate. I realize its just electronic 1's & 0's on disk but I thought I kept up and was capable. I've run ethernet cable and connected the ends, make the connections and such. Actually, you don't really have to be all that saavy, just connect it up right and it works. Most stuff now has "auto detect" so all you have to do is plug it in.

I have antivirus, antispam, adware software that I keep up to date and run on a regular basis. I have a registry checker that does the same. Apparently that's not enough. Finally got a new modem late on Friday and everything checked out fine. Yeah. Pc had internet, wireless worked, everything...until...the dreaded until...I decided to upload new firmware for the router. Guess I should've left well enough alone. I won't bore you with more of my sob computer stories. The wireless is working...the bride says better and faster than ever...the pc...well not so good...the pc is actually fine...it just won't connect to the internet.

I just thought I was somewhat computer saavy....not! Doesn't mean I'll give up though.

:) de

Site Meter

No comments: