Wednesday, April 08, 2009

It's Back!

Ah, the hectic pace of LTC week. During the rest of the year, most of what happens with LTC is fairly quiet, an occasional meeting or contract to sign or something but its mostly quiet. Then, after the first of the year it starts to pick up with hotel questions, that's my primary responsibility, dealing with the hotel contracts, details, setups and such. Then about a month beforehand activity starts to really ramp up to this week. Really, its a great week.

From the first time I set foot in Dallas back in the early 90's to scope out LTC I was impressed and thrilled with its purpose and how that culminates in the LTC Convention weekend. Even though its changed some over the years, I think LTC is one of best things the churches of Christ have going for them, the training of young Christians in the area of Leadership activity. I was going to say LTC teaches them...but the truth is LTC doesn't each them anything...parents and other involved adults...even some older teens teach the younger ones "to do something," to teach, to sing, to speak, or write, or puppet, or serve...well the list goes on and on. I really can't think of anything more practical or important for the future of the Lord's church.

So, this week, Easter week, its pretty much all about LTC. From tomorrow afternoon through Saturday night, there won't be all that much sleeping, or eating, or sitting, or anything except coordinating the Convention...and I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. There's a bit of a downside to helping with all the coordinating and not getting to be all that involved with the actual kids and what they are doing. But I plan to stop in and watch from time to time just to witness those kids, doing what they do, for Jesus, their peers, and their parents. I can't wait.

cya,
de

Oh yeah, we get to see Noah and his parents who will come and spend part of the weekend with us!

Site Meter

No comments: