Monday, January 05, 2009

Countdown Begins

It's finally the week of the National Championship game in Miami. Normally it wouldn't be all that exciting because someone else is playing the game but this year, like it or not, agree with it or not, its the Sooners and Gators. I have no doubts that Utah deserves an honest inclusion in this years discussion. I'm proud to say they handled Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. I'm proud to say one of Jared's close friends since High School, Brian Johnson, QB at for the Utes was this year's Sugar Bowl MOP, (Most Outstanding Player). At 13-0 and how they handled Alabama, did I say how glad I was Bama got it handed to them, they deserve to be in the discussion. They probably won't be anything but #2, whoever wins on Thursday will be #1 and hopefully Utah #2, unless Florida wins then I hope Utah comes up and gets its.

Why so much discussion on this matter? Me and my boys will be at the game! For the past 3/4 years we've had season tix for OU football. No, we don't go to all the games, but somebody does, Aaron, my neice or sister, or some friends. We only went once this year, to the Tech game. Anyway, because we're season ticket holders we had the chance to buy bowl game tix. They send you the entire list of possibilities, must've been at least a dozen choices, from the Liberty Bowl all the way to, you guessed it, the National Championship game. You just choose which ones you would want to go to just in case, how many tix, and wait. We weren't really interested in travelling a long ways, so we picked all the Texas Bowl possibilities, Cotton, Alamo, Texas Bowl, and....just in case...the National Championship game...figuring it was only a really remote chance they'd get to go...but guess what...the Sooners are there and we are going. I'm still kicking myself for not ordering 12 tix and selling the rest but I didn't.

Anyway...here's to a once in lifetime experience most likely...a chance to see the National Championship game...with our favorite team playing. Lord willing...we fly out Thursday morning...thanks to Kim's airline miles...arrive Tuesday afternoon...and well...Boomer Sooner! The Countdown begins today.

de

Site Meter

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm jealous!! Boomer Sooner!!

Aaron said...

I'm trying not to mentally check out early at work, but it's not working. Can't wait!

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

Should've been the Horns, but hey, I'm not bitter! Can't really cheer for the Sooners, but I will be watching to catch a glimpse of Bobby Jack Wright on the sidelines (OU Defensive Coodinator). I went to Mission High School with him and I wish him well. Oh by the way, I won't be cheering for Florida either. Hook 'em Horns and Gig 'em Aggies!! Bobbie B.