Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Two Days and Counting

Ssome folks probably have mixed feelings that my boys and I are headed to Miami on Thursday for the National Championship game. I still can't believe it myself. I've always wanted to go to Super Bowl, the Final Four, even the World Series, just once. Even thought about the National Championship game a few times but how many times is your team in that game, not all that often. I guess in the case of the Sooners, several times including 2000 but only once successfully and I've never really thought seriously about going to one of the games, until now. Did go to the NBA Championships twice when the Rockets played back in 94 & in 95. Truly one of the most exciting sporting events I've ever been to. The energy levels are just off the chart. You have to be there to understand, but you certainly never forget.

It's really by a stroke of luck and that I took a chance and signed up for tickets that we are going. Then after that, Kim went ahead and made airline reservations on airmiles, way before OU was back in the Big12 race, weeks in advance anything being decided so that they'd be available. You can't wait till after the fact because everybody wants a ticket or flight or rental car or hotel room and there's just so many, so, we took a chance, and it all paid off. Today's Tuesday, two days away. I'm trying my best to concentrate on the things at hand, not being all that successful. Keep trying I guess. Praying Kim gets from Denver to Green Bay, and Jared gets to feeling better and I don't catch what he's got. It's nasty! Darla's got it at work too. Try not to get too close or breath too much when I'm around them. Two days and counting.

Safe travels everyone,
de

Site Meter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, how exciting. So happy that you and the boys are getting to go to this GREAT event and to enjoy it together. Savor every moment. Enjoy. Pat Grisham