Monday, January 12, 2009

Are You Over Being Mad?

The pest control guy who comes to the house every quarter came this morning before work. He's a huge sports fan and a Longhorn fan. Anyway, his first question was "are you over being mad" referring to the National Championship game on Thursday. I told him, I don't get mad at that kind of stuff anymore. Maybe I used to or let it affect me more than it does now. Maybe I've just seen enough to realize, its just not all that important in the scheme of things.

Certainly I follow the Sooners closely and love it when they win. I certainly thought they were going to do it in Miami. No doubt, we were all disappointed at the way they closed out the game. Yes, big-game Bob may have to change his name to get-to-the-biggame-Bob. But in the end, its just a game. Some you win, some you lose, well in national championship games since 2000 its you lose but, hey it was great fun to be there and watch. The energy and excitement are something to experience. Even most of the Florida fans were good natured. Deep down they realize they dodged a big bullet in the first half and were fortunate to come out of it the way they did.

Am I over being mad?...I never was mad to begin with, sad, forlorn, disappointed, slightly disgusted, down for a little while, yep...but never mad. I reserve mad for things that are lot more important in life...like what...greed and stupidity and apathy and abuse and people who don't signal or who txt while driving...sorry.

Not mad,
de

Site Meter


No comments: