Monday, December 29, 2008

One of My Favorite Things

Something exciting happened in Baytown this past week. The Blood Center opened a permanent blood donation location on Garth Road. I was excited to be one of the first to give. I've been driving to Houston to give for...well probably going on 20 years. I used to wait for a coach or blood drive here in town, at the church or somewhere, then I started giving platelets and have been doing that for at least 10 years or more. I don't keep all that in my head. There's enough clutter in there already. Anyway, I used to call the Blood center main office and talk to someone every few months about putting a location in Baytown. I even kept an eye out for a good location and communicated that a few times. Guess I just gave up, then, I'm driving down Garth Road and there it is on the building. They opened Dec 22 and I was the first one through the door. First time I was able to give since going to India more than a year ago. India knocks you out for a year.

Anyway, here's the link for the article from the Lake Houston Sentinel.

And a pic. Not all that flattering. But, if you haven't donated lately, why not start? Maybe I'll see you there. I'm going for 25 gallons now that I can give maybe once a week.

de



Site Meter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi David!

The Blood Center is excited to finally have a home in Baytown because of committed donors like yourself.

For me personally, it was such a great experience to see both you and Mr. Norman in line before the center even opened. It just goes to show how truly dedicated the people of Baytown are to saving lives.

I enjoyed reading your blog and thanks so much for helping us spread the word!