Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back from the Big Apple!

Sorry I haven't blogged for several days. The family and I spent the past several days in New York City, that's right, the Big Apple. I performed a wedding on Saturday at the Roosevelt Hotel for a couple whose parents are friends of Kim and I. We became friends when the brides mom, Diane, came to Baytown to run a Red Cross shelter after hurricane Katrina. You all remember Katrina, the storm you still hear about, the storm that brought so many NO residents to Houston, many of whom are still living hear on the Gov't dole. Yeah, that's the one, sorry, can't help it after going through Ike which lasted all of about 3 days on the national media front page but was every bit as devastating as Katrina. Sorry, I digress.

Anyway, Diane came and set up a shelter at Wooster Baptist church. Jason and I went down there to see how we could help and a friendship was struck. I performed her oldest daughters wedding in DC last summer and their next daughter got married Saturday. So, we invited A,& Noah, J&K, and Jared to join us for a few days and have a family Christmas gathering in NYC. So, that's where we've been the past few days, at 45th & Madison in downtown NY, about 4 blocks from Rockefeller Center and Times Square, two blocks from Grand Central Station. I may post some pictures but not sure I took very many. Kami took tons of pics.

All in all we had a great time, saw some of the famous sites and enjoyed NYC at Christmas. Boy it was good to get back home though.

de

Oh yeah, Boomer Sooner!

Site Meter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you were all able to be together in NYC and have a great time. pat g

Heather said...

Fun fun! My next NYC trip will definitely be around Christmastime!