Monday, November 03, 2008

Not in the TV Picture!

Turns out my excitement about being on TV during the TNT broadcast of the Rockets/Mavs game...just didn't pan out. We did sit on the floor, right where I thought we'd sit. About the time we got to our seats in walked Mark Cuban and stood 5 feet from us, for 10 minutes, smiling, greeting folks, shaking hands. (I didn't offer to shake his hand) Not that I dislike him or anything. That was an exciting start though. What happened was we sat opposite the side the cameras shoot pretty much the entire game. The cameras sit on one side and shoot across the court towards the bench side of the floor. We sat on the same side as the cameras so the only time I made it on camera was briefly in the 3rd quarter when an end shot of the floor came up and we could see my rocket red shirt and bright yellow cap amongst the sea of blue.

It was great fun though, watching the Rockets pull away in the 4th much to the dismay of the entire crowd. There were probably less than 200 Rockets fans there. I sat the closest of any that I saw. Midway through the 3rd quarter the Mavs fans sitting behind me started pelting me with peanuts every time I stood up to root for the Rockets, which was pretty often. It was great fun. They were good natured about it and I wasn't terribly annoying, at least I tried not to be. Not sure Kim would agree.

Then we went to Aaron's to spend a couple nights with them and enjoyed Halloween with Noah and his cousins. They dressed up as the scarecrow (Noah), tin man, lion, and Dorothy and were a hit everywhere they went. Even had Toto, or Chester as he's normally known for awhile. It was a perfect night for trick or treating. I got to take Noah fishing his first time on Friday morning. He loved the fish but didn't want to touch it. It was great fun. I'll try to post some pics later. Would've been a perfect weekend had the Texans pulled out their win. Rockets, Sooners, Tech, Texans. Well, 3 of 4 is pretty darned good.

Oh yeah, got my insurance check. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to get my mortgage company to endorse it, so I can spend it.

later, de

Site Meter


1 comment:

Kami said...

can't wait to see you!