Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Taking Time to Process

It'll take some time to sort things out after last nights historic presidential election. Truth is John McCain or any Republican had a better chance of a snowman surviving the Texas heat than they did trying to win this election in our current mess. Blame it on who you will, Bush, Wall street, Iraq, the economy or Bush, but Obama's win signals one of the greatest changes this United States has ever seen, the first black President. I was not certain I'd ever see that in my lifetime. Hey, I'm truly for the best qualified person to win no matter the color or gender. I'm still fairly certain Obama's wasn't the most qualified of the two but nevertheless the younger generations, blacks, hispanics, asians, and many other groups saw him as the chance to be the real agent of change for our country. He's headed straight on into a "good ole boys mostly white male" dominated culture that has existed for 200+ years. I hope he can bring them together to for Amerian like he claims he will do. I seem to recall that being one of W's great qualities, bringing both sides together. Didn't happen. Only got worse. I'm not totally pessimistic. I will always be a patriotic American. I love our country. I'm not thrilled about a lot of what it has become. Maybe this is a sign that everyone must stand up for what they believe in and be willing to do something about it. Many people did, for the first time and it has changed our country. I pray it will all be for the better. I know God was in control yesterday, today, and from now on. That's what I count on the most.

I'll close with what John McCain said in his concession speech:

And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.


de

Site Meter

No comments: