Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Waiting for the Weekend!

Not all that much new to post here in H-town. The H-town heat finally broke for this year and we're really enjoying cooler, drier fall like weather. Got down into the upper 30's a night or two. Still haven't turned on the heat yet. Kami and James were in town this past week for the Gulf Coast Spiritual Growth Workshop. James was one of the speakers so he got a free plane ticket to come south. I hated that our house is still in mid-construction but it was great to have them home even if just for a couple of days.

Kim and I are headed to Forney this weekend. I took a Sunday off, one of my four allowed Sunday's off, and going to Noah's birthday party on Saturday. He'll be two on Friday but the big party is Saturday. He's growing so fast its just incredible. Aaron calls me last night to tell me that Noah wants to talk to his PawPaw, so its upstairs to the computer I run to talk to my favorite grandson on skype. He can't really a lot of words that you can clearly understand and he does ramble a full sentence from time to time...but he can say PawPaw really good. He wanted to know where Mimi was...I tried to explain she was off working. Can't wait to see the little booger on Friday. Maybe I can take him fishing again if the suns out.

Saturday, after the party,we're headed to Norman for the OU/Tech game. Yes, we had season tickets this year but haven't gone to a home game yet. Something about a storm named Ike and funds a bit tight this year, anyway we kept the Tech game. Sure glad we did. Looks like a good one.

The house continues on. Since we ran out of floor Doug is working on some other stuff right now. Replacing some siding on one side of the house. New countertop is coming Monday. Put the lights back up, hang the cabinet doors, some trim here and there, lots of misc stuff to do. Hopefully the rest of the floor will come this week. When that's done I'm going to cut him loose for awhile.

Oh yeah, Mickey Mouse is 80 today. Makes me feel old. Strangest thing though, Mickey doesn't look a day older.

Have a good day ya'll,
de

Site Meter


No comments: