Thursday, May 10, 2007

STB Recording

I sing in a southern gospel quartet called the South Texas Boys. The group reformed a couple of years ago with three members from their former quartet, The Master's Brothers, who lost its lead singer and me as the new tenor. That rocked along for a few months when the high tenor retired from school teaching and moved and the lead singer quit. That left me and Wyatt the original member, the bass, and me. I moved to lead and Wyatt recruited one former member from years ago, John, and a former member's son, Forrest. That's where we are for about the last year.

This past week we spent four days recording our first CD. Back while I was in preacher's school in 1988, the school grabbed four of us and put together a quartet which travelled and sang to promote the school for a time and we recorded a cassette. Actually, looking back, it wasn't too bad for no more time than we spent doing it. As I recall we only spent a few hours recording the whole thing. I gotta find one of those tapes and make it into a CD for me. Anyway, that was nothing compared to this past week. When we were done Saturday, not done completed but out of time for the week, we had put in 20 hours in the studio. That's not counting the time it took to get there and back, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, nights, and Saturday. All told about 30 hours last week recording.

Hopefully, we'll finish this Saturday with another 6 or 7 hours. We'll finish our recording part. Then there's editing, mixing, and such. It may be 50 hours or more studio time before we're done. Maybe more on that later.
">Link

No comments: