Thursday, May 31, 2007

Finally Finished!

Fnished what you say? The South Texas Boys are hopefully finally finished recording our first CD. We had one last song, I suppose the most difficult of the 12 songs we do so we went back to the studio on Tuesday to knock it out. After almost four hours of work, we got it done. Does that mean we're completely finished? Maybe not. Chris, the studio guy will make us all a raw cd for us to listen to and if we find anything glaring or that can't be fixed on the board by Chris, then we may have to go back, but hopefully we're done. He's totally booked in the studio for the next two weeks so he can't begin the editing process for at least two weeks. Then there's the editing, then the mix down, whatever that is, and then I guess its ready for the duplication process. So all in all it should be out some time in 2008. lol

Between now and then there's the copyright stuff and art for the cover. Anybody know anything about any of that stuff? Let me know. Hopefully, "Step Into the Water" will be ready in a couple of months. All in all we spent almost 40 hours in the studio. I don't know how many more hours of studio time it will take to get it right ut we want it right. I'm pretty pumped about it. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully a cd of classic hymns or oldies. I'd personally prefer newer songs and we'll hopefully get to those but we're looking to get out a couple of cd's pretty quickly to help finance the rest. Oldies will sell well where we go and sing if you know what I mean. I'm looking to put together a list of say 15 classic/oldie favorite church songs so be thinking and if you got suggestions, let me know.

de

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Congrats on getting it done! Can't wait to hear it. I'll be thinking of some classics that I'd like to hear. You should talk to Blaine about a cover. I bet he could come up with something good. Or if you'd like to pay someone, our graphic designer does that kind of thing on the side. Let me know and I'd be happy to ask her. 8 days til Summit.