Saturday, September 12, 2009

Note from a friend

This is a note from a friend Mark, who is currently in the military in Afghanistan. The bride and I are privileged to call lots of young people our friends, most of whom started as our children's friends or those who were a part of a youth group when that was our ministry. They have now grown and some have their own children, who I am amused to watch and will be privileged to see them grow and give them some of the same troubles they gave their parents. That's just the way it goes. Add Mark to your prayers if you would and all those who are with him.

de

From Mark ----

Things are going pretty well here. I don't remember if I told y'all or not, but I have internet in my tent. Also, next month, we're supposed to move to a hard site (actual building) which, hopefully, will be a better situation for us.

It's cooling down a lot which is especially noticeable at night and somewhat noticeable during the day. We use a heater from about midnight to 6 in the morning and then it's all A/C.
I got my toughbox yesterday which is basically a big box of personal stuff that we packed about a month before we left. I finally have some real pillows and a comfy blanket, not to mention my Bible study books which is good seeing as I'm coordinating with the Chaplain to start a Bible study here since we don't have services. The Chaplain isn't actually here with us, so I'm taking over.

Missions are going well, though they are usually longer than they really need to be in my personal opinion. Other than that, I guess I don't have too much to say.

Love y'all,
Mark

Site Meter


No comments: