Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Behind on the blog, I know!

Had several comment lately that I had let my blog kinda go. I have no real excuse except to say that we've at been home very little over the past 3 weeks. We went to Pepperdine for week, then back home, to Oklahoma for some family time, my dad's 80th birthday, and you know we had to stop by and see little Noah and his family. Then we took a week in Galveston. It wasn't the very best timing, having been out for the better part of two weeks prior but that's when Kim had the time so we went. Then we came back, me for an LTC Board meeting, and to take Kami back to the airport, then back home to preach for our Elder Ordination service this past Sunday. As elders, we're excited to have some additional shepherds to help keep watch over the flock at Lakewood. Harold Allen, Bo Cox, and Bill Hanna were installed and prayed for on Sunday.

Then to add to that the church surprised us with a 20th year thing at the potluck lunch on Sunday. It was a complete surprise and I guess easier to get together since we were out much of the time before then. There was a huge cake, some cards, a book signed by several in the congregation, and a gift for me and one for Kim and a few jokes by Mike Miller. It was really special to be recognized in such a way. I posted some pics on my facebook page for those who are interested. I promised to post some pics from our trip north but just haven't done it yet. Well, I've got to get caught up now. I try to blog again soon.

Thanks to everyone who said such nice things on Sunday!

Cohen is coming soon!

de

Here's a freebie!

Home Bible Study Requires a Permit in CA

According to a report on FOX News this morning, home Bible study is under fire in California. Pastor David Jones and his wife Mary, who live in San Diego, got some friends together at their house for a Bible study. However, when the county of San Diego found out, the couple was told they needed to either stop the Bible study or purchase a permit because they had too many people in their home.


Site Meter

No comments: