Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in H-town!

The bride and I flew back into Houston on Saturday evening past and were glad to be back. Unfortunately for her she got to go back to the airport after worship on Sunday and won't see our front door for another 10 days or so. But we really enjoyed our 6 days just me and her and California and Pepperdine. Honestly we didn't prefer LA freeways, their drivers, Lakerfan, wildfires, tarballs on my feet, but there was much to enjoy. It sure was good to be home, back preaching at Lakewood, and enjoying those amazing Rockets yesterday. It just goes to show, you never know. As Forrest Gump's mom said, "you just have to do the best with what cha got." Amen.

I especially enjoyed this column from the LA Times. Here's a couple of quotes.

"I know you're expecting a full column effort, but the Lakers' opponent was only the devastated Houston Rockets, so why should I have to work hard to write about them?

Why should I put passion into describing a game that the Lakers didn't show passion in playing?"

"The Lakers lost as if they didn't care that the series was now two games apiece. The Lakers lost as if they know they can turn it on this week and still survive.

Good point. I'll write better columns then. This one, like them, I'm sitting out."

No blood, no one being thrown out, no flagrant fouls, just a gutsy effort from the Rockets. Boy, that was fun to watch. I'm guessing the next one will be a bit more competetive. Glad I'll be watching from friendly H-town instead LA.

de

Site Meter

No comments: