Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Weekend Hangover Almost Gone!

Boy did this past weekend last long into the week. And all without a dram to drink. But hangover was really the only way I know to describe it. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun but I guess I don't do only 3 hours of sleep like I used to. And I don't want to either. It began early Saturday with a trip to IAH. It was crazy busy. I've finally adapted to "getting there early" like the bride. It leaves for more sitting around but I spent the time going over the Ganders last minute loss to Port Arthur Memorial in PA. Too bad for them but they'll still make the playoffs. Started to go but PA was too far with my day Sat. Good choice de.

Flight to DFW where its 73 degrees. There's no degree thing on the keyboard is there? Get the Hertz Grand Marquis, pick up the boys, stop by Braums for a burger and we're off to Norman for the game. Temperature upon arrival is 53*, you know what I mean. Game time temp is 48* wind blowing 20 mph. Great game, lots of fun, head back to DFW. How can it take 30 minutes at Taco Bell in Lindsay, OK. Further delays, drop the boys, get the motel and in the bed at 2. Alarm goes off @ 5, to the airport, fly home, to worship. Fortunately I had my stand in ready. Too much to preach that day.

Spent a good part of my evening yesterday picking up the trash washed up in the back yard. It came up into the yard from the bulkhead around 20'. Lots of other folks pier stuff, all kinds of limbs, driftwood, and trash. Got it done tho. Price of living on the water.

Bout to get my sleep back. I'm an 8 hours a night guy most of the time. Just feel better that way. Sleeps essential and most of us don't get enough to stay healthy. Well, the bride is away. The STB are singing this Friday at the Gulf Coast spiritual Growth Workshop in Galveston. Too bad we don't have a CD read to sell. Maybe soon. Check out ade's blog for his weekend activity. My Saturday night, er, Sunday paled by comparison.

cya, de

2 comments:

Aaron said...

That game sure was fun though. See you next weekend.

Kami said...

i'll see you next weekend, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!