Monday, August 10, 2009

Freeware Update

I did a blogpost almost two months ago about PC health and freeware. In that blog I boasted that I never have any real problems nor have I been hacked. Today's update is to report I was hacked but you already know that if you're a regular reader. I had to add a program to my PC to address malware. So today I report an updated list of popular freeware. As I said before, get it, use it, and update it regular. The link is from PC Pitstop updated the last part of July. I currently used all of the top 7 and recently added Malwarebytes anti malware.

#1 Mozilla Firefox - browser
#2 Ccleaner - system cleaner
#3 AVG antivirus - duh
#4 Real Player - video player
#5 Spybot - anti-malware
#6 Ad-Aware - anti-malware
#7 Skype - VOIP
#8 VLC Media Player
#9 Open Office
#10 Avast Antivirus
#11 Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Sounds like a lot to keep up with and it is regular but many of them are a must, especially if you use freeware.

de

Site Meter

No comments: