Thursday, March 12, 2009

Insurance Poor

If your like most Americans to some degree we're all insurance poor. We've got insurance on everything. Of course it is a good and necessary thing...say...when you have a hurricane blow by and it blows the roof off part of your house and the rain comes in a makes a terrible mess...and they pay. By way of the constant commercials on TV here in H-town, some insurances did not pay or people thought they didn't or something. Our insurance did ok...they did pay...maybe not as much I thought they should...but we managed to get back to where we were without having to put too much of our own money back in.

One of our biggest issues since Kim went to work as self-employed has been the health insurance issue. Never take for granted if you have access to group insurance. Once you don't have access everything changes...especially if you have any health issues at all. That's been our deal for the past 5 years or so. If you're diabetic like I am...insurance companies just won't write you any reasonable insurance for anything close to a reasonable price. So, if you can get it, its poor coverage and very expensive. So you make do the best you can.

Here's something pretty cool I found to save on ordering glasses. I know you'll think its just not right to be ordering your glasses off the internet and hopefully you have insurance that covers you and your glasses are cheap. I went for my annual eye exam...covered by the way...and had the lady give me a quote for glasses like I have, progressives no-line bifocals, lightweight, metal rims, no scratch, etc...almost $650 retail but I was to get 20% discount. So I went home with my prescription in hand and went to 39dollarglasses.com.

Yeah, you read right...I order my glasses via the internet. Got my $650 glasses for just a little bit over $200. Same glasses with everything I wanted and even got transition lenses too. So if you're insurance poor or just don't want to fork over that much for glasses, check it out. Yeah, I admit its a bit unnerving but everything is there you need to get it right. Maybe you won't feel quite so insurance poor and jilted anymore.

No, I don't get anything for telling you about it. I just know how I felt when she told me my glasses were going to be $500 with my discount...some discount.

Praying for rain,
de



Site Meter

No comments: