Monday, February 09, 2009

Following Obama Closely

I hope that everyone is following the first few weeks of Obama's Presidency closely. No, I didn't vote for him but I understand the various reasons why so many did. His was a message of hope, of change, of youth, of lower taxes, of something new and different. Here's the final paragraph of an editorial which ran in the Houston Chronicle yesterday entitled,

"New age of Obama ends in frenzy of hypocrisy." by
By CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

It's too early to say "I told you so" and boy is it early.

"After Obama's miraculous 2008 presidential campaign, it was clear that at some point the magical mystery tour would have to end. The nation would rub its eyes and begin to emerge from its reverie. The hallucinatory Obama would give way to the mere mortal. The great ethical transformations promised would be seen as a fairy tale that all presidents tell and that this president told better than anyone. I thought the awakening would take six months. It took two and a half weeks."

I hope the next two and half weeks is better for him and us.

de

Site Meter

No comments: