Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Beat Goes On

The bad news is that there is pounding outside my office and over my head upstairs in the teen classrooms. That's also the good news. Construction is in full swing at our church building. It's been a long time coming or so it would seem. It's a tremendous undertaking and I'm grateful we've hired pros to do most of the work. I recall when I first arrived in Baytown in May of 1989, that the men of the congregation had undertaken the task of remodeling this same building that I am still in. Of course I volunteered to help as did many of the men in the church. I like to work with my hands and sometimes I'm pretty good at it. The trouble with that undertaking was the sheer size of the project. Not that we didn't have the skills to complete the work but the sheer size of the task was likely too big for a set of volunteers to sustain the momentum. Plus, if things didn't go just right, who could you blame? Always an issue. There remain some hard feelings that go back to that remodeling project almost 20 years ago. Thankfully, this time around, the insurance payment from hurricane Ike should pay for most everything, done by the contractors. If there's a problem, you have someone to hold responsible for making sure its done right and they are working each and every day, not just when voluteers can make the time to do it. I guess that's my point, the beat goes on, every day, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. Our building should be in better shape than it has been...well since the last time it was remodeled, and in some ways even better. My prayer is that we can utilize it in all kinds of ways that Gods name and His Son will be lifted up.

I'm still enjoying our winter here in S Texas. Bright, sunny, and 70 degrees.

de

Site Meter

No comments: