Tuesday, January 17, 2006

On the Road Again

One recent uses of my blog was to sort of be accountable to running regularly. The ultimate goal was to motivate me and a couple others to run the Texas Half in Dallas in Feb. For a number of reasons of no ones fault that plan fell through. I took a trip with the wife to the NE and missed most of a week of training. When we got back from the nowhere near Texas, it was it was Christmas week. I got sick on my Anniversary night which knocked my off my feet for a few days. (see previous post) Son-in-law got knocked down by the shin splints. Son missed three weeks with his own physical problem. Better not to describe it here. Ask him for more details if you want to know.

After Christmas I was feeling pretty good so I hit the road feeling good. My first day out I hit four miles at a pretty good pace. Don't recall stepping in a hole or anything like that but the bone leading to the inside of my ankle ached when I got through. It didn't swell or bruise just ached, especially when I jogged two days later. Well, that was almost three weeks ago and I long ago gave up on the Texas half.

Good news today was, my ankle hadn't hurt for several days so I hit the road, did a couple of easy miles and didn't hurt. Sure felt good. Hope I can do it again tomorrow or the next day. Even with the wind blowing 20 out of the north I broke a good sweat. Think I'll go look for another half marathon about the middle or April or so.

I just can't wait to get on the road again.
de

1 comment:

James Y said...

Good news about the ankle. I wish my shins would talk to your ankle.