Monday, November 16, 2009

Why I Started Blogging.

I tried to think back about exactly why I started blogging but couldn't recall. So now, I take you back to November 1, 2005. Here's my first edition blog. Not much to brag about but here it is. Oh by the way, I'm sure to pick up this week on the blogging as my bride and I take our 30th anniversary trip to cruise the Western mediterranean.

My Son Says I Need a Blog

Actually I've had one for months but have never learned how to use it. Just guess I wasn't sure what to do with it. After everything that's happened lately in the world and in my world I decided to jump into blogging. I'm still not sure I know what I'm doing or even how to use this but here goes.

The title for my blog is, "Not too seriously please." I guess that's the reason for my hesitancy to start blogging because much of what I might say could be taken too seriously and I might offend someone. I hope not but, oh well, here goes.

I just finished what I have entitled "dead week". No, I'm not in school, I'm a full-time minister who just finished participating in some way in 5, count em, 5 funerals in eight days, hence the name, "not too seriously please" and "dead week."

Day one of dead week was the funeral I did for a sweet gal who I really came to know only in recent years. She was one of those folks who live 70 or 80 years in her just under 50. Life was tough, she lived it fast and hard, and finally wore down. Her soul mate was a guy the rest of the bikers called "Wild Man." If wild man could play the guitar he could sub in for Billy Gibbons or Dusty Hill of ZZ top anyday. He looked the part with an 18 inch white beard and leather jacket.

It wasn't my first Biker funeral and probably won't be my last. Wild man answered his cell phone at least twice during the funeral and maybe three times. Bikers, God love 'em are an interesting lot. Funeral attire has drasctically changed over the years and biker funerals are one example. Overall, it was an interesting day and the family and bikers were all pleased by the service. One down.

After that, I left to go home and pack, load up the car and head to the funeral home for the second of the five funerals I just couldn't fit in to my schedule. All I could do was just visit the family, so that's what I did. Then it was off to the doggie motel to house my Schnauzer Frazier, drive to the airport, and off too OK for my uncles funeral, #2 on Tuesday.

Well, that's my first blog. I'll write more maybe tomorrow.

Stayin alive, stayin alive.

de

Site Meter

No comments: