Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Got Hacked!

Yes, you read right, I got hacked. Yes, I'm hacked for a number of reasons most of which are familiar to most anyone. And yes, it was time to move along on from the sadness of losing our dog, although I keep looking for him everywhere at home, but he's gone. Anyway, I tried to call my bride last night on skype. I love skype and have been using and telling everyone about it for years. We really couldn't do without it because its the main way we are able to see and talk to Noah, Cohen, and of course their parents and our daughter too, not to mention a number of other folks around the world, for either free or cheap.

When I logged onto skype something was wrong, my contact list was missing and my skype credit was lower than last I recall. What happened was on July 21st, somebody somehow hacked into my skype account and used my account and credit to call literally all over the world, for approximately 2 days. We're talking Nigeria, Ghana, places in Europe, and some places I've never heard of. There were skype to skype calls, mobile phone calls, and landline calls. Many of the calls didn't cost anything but they ended up charging about $100 worth of calls and that's a bunch of calls on skype. Then they were gone, after two days.

Needless to say I was hacked at being hacked. I did whine enough to skype to get $25 back but thats it. Far as I can tell they didn't find their way into anything else, paypay, bank, but I'm still looking. Well, thats my rant for the day. Thought for sure I was diligent on all my security stuff. Still not sure how or when it happened. Whatever you do, watch yourselves and try not to get hacked.

Have a good one,
de

Site Meter

No comments: