Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Almost Missed WhatshisName!

Well, I'm back from the West, or great NW, or as some call it, Abilene. I already had plans to fly out on Monday afternoon to go to ABL, help Jared finish packing, and move him back home. It just so happens that a tropical storm came right over the house while I was gone. I still can't seem to spell Edwawrd, Edward, Eddy, Edweirdo, or what ever the name of the storm was. Whatever the name, he didn't amount to all that much. I flew into ABL at 4:30, we got the truck, met my brother for dinner, and waited for the sun to go down before loading. (always recommended in ABL in the summer) We worked till after 1:30 am and slept till the trash truck arrived about 7:30 to dump the big metal dumpsters. We finished loading and cleaning up the best we could with no electric, which was turned off about 8 am, made a quickstop by McD's for breakfast, Wally world for gas, and hit the road. It was basically uneventful until we hit Fairfield on I45. Yeah, I45 in order to miss Edwaourd. See it was supposed to go right up 290, towards Hey 36 which we would normally drive so we drove to Ft Worth, down 287, I45, then south.

About Fairfield we me Ed who was much less of a storm than he had been earlier in the day but still quite exciting. We drove in a driving, hard rain for almost 2 & 1/2 hours, then it quit just outside H-town. Pretty harrowing if I do say so myself. J's truck is nothing if not squirrely on the hiway, much less in a driving rain with bigrigs zooming by you at 65-70 mph. I prayed pretty much the whole time for us both. We made it with the help of several good folks who came over about 7 pm to help us unload the truck.

So in about 17 hours, I left H-town, did way too many stairsteps loading and unloading, had an exciting drive home, and still managed to meet ole whats-his-name, the Edster. Maybe he'll cool off Dallas. It sure was hot there yesterday.

de

Site Meter

No comments: