Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Something very cool

Yesterday afternoon something very cool happened at the office. I walked from my office to Darla's office I heard a familiar voice, it was Kim. That's a little unusual as she doesn't spend too much time around the church office but she was off this week so there she was. The cool part was how she got there. It was pretty yesterday afternoon, a bright sunny 72 degrees or so, so she walked! She walked from our house to the church office. It's right at 8/10s of a mile. She was a bit winded and sat for a few minutes but made it almost a mile. Very cool indeed. Then after we got home I asked her if she wanted to go to the gym (24 hour fitness) and spend some time in the pool and such so she did. I worked out for awhile and caught up to her in the pool doing exercises. When I left the house this am she hadn't made it out of bed yet but she is really making big strides these days. We're just now 90 days from her last surgery so its really cool to see her progress. I praise God every single day she gets better and isn't in that terrible pain.

Site Meter

2 comments:

Candace said...

Mr. Ellis,
Please tell Mrs. Ellis that we are glad she is getting around well and that her pain is subsiding! You guys have been and will continue to be in our prayers!

Take Care,
Candace Melton Razo

Anonymous said...

Very cool indeedy! I enjoyed seeing her out in the car after ladies's class last week running errands! Made me grateful she was even able to do that...didn't know about the hike she'd taken the day before!

God is Good!
JH